WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) - Wichita police said five dogs were seized in a suspected dog fighting ring.
It happened on Wednesday around 3 p.m. in the 1500 block of North Minnesota.
Police received a tip.
"Through the investigation, five dogs were collected by animal control officers. Two of the dogs were taken to emergency vet due to broken leg injuries," said officer Charley Davidson, Wichita Police Department.
One of the dog's had to be put down. No arrests have been made.
Police confiscated drugs, cash, and a stolen weapon and dog fighting paraphernalia. It included chains, medication, and tie downs.
Earlier this week, Wichita Animal Control said a 2-year-old dog was dumped near 35th and North Market. The pitbull was suffering from multiple puncture wounds and two broken legs that could be related to a dog fighting ring. This case is not connected.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Kansas to offer amnesty day for people owing...
- WSU student protest on campus, sparks change
- Mother and child hit by car, suspected...
- Man killed in high-speed crash after vehicle...
- 1 killed, 4 injured in Stevens County crash