LYONS, Kan. (KSNW) – A Lyons man has been charged with attempted capital murder in connection with the October 16 incident that included the shooting of Sgt. Cory Ryan and another Lyons resident, Kansas Attorney General Derek Schmidt announced Wednesday.
Attorney General Schmidt filed attempted capital murder charges against 40-year-old Adam Hrabik.
The incident took place in Lyons after an officer responded to a call regarding a dispute and was shot and injured. Hrabik also was charged with aggravated assault of a Lyons resident in connection with the alleged shooting.
The case is being prosecuted by the Kansas Attorney General’s Office at the request of the Rice County Attorney.
Click here to read a copy of the complaint.
- GoPro found after 6 years at the bottom of Honolulu ocean returned to owner
- ‘MAGA Patriot Party’ files with FEC; Trump team says it’s not affiliated
- Police release video of Trey Songz allegedly assaulting officer at AFC Championship game
- Biden restricts travel from 26 European countries
- Winter weather blasts northwest Kansas: KDOT crews working around the clock clearing roadways