WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) - WARNING: Images below story may be graphic to some.
A Wichita animal rescue is asking for your help in finding the person or people responsible for the abuse of a young puppy.
Beauties and Beasts, Inc., a Wichita animal rescue, posted images of the puppy on their Facebook page Saturday night.
The puppy, who has now been named Brooks, is barely over a month old. Rescuers say he was brought to the Veterinary Emergency and Specialty Hospital of Wichita after he was found with his right ear cut off.
The rescue said they believe the ear was cut off with some sort of sharp object, possibly scissors, in "an attempt at a heartless and cruel home crop job."
Beauties and Beasts, Inc. said emergency surgery is needed for the pup.
The rescue also said an investigation has been launched with the Wichita Police Department. And a $1,000 reward for information that leads to an arrest in the case is being offered.
If you have any information, please call Wichita police. You may also email tips to email@example.com.
WARNING: Image below may be graphic to some.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Authorities: Wave of hoax bomb threats made...
- 3 found alive inside West Virginia coal mine
- Police say teen suspect killed at Indiana middle...
- Congress approves $400 billion for farmers,...
- Florida man executed for fatally stabbing woman...