WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Arc of Sedgwick County said one of their light displays was vandalized over the weekend.
A black box containing the lights controller for the Singing Bulbs was taken along with a sound amplifier and FM transmitter. The Arc said the damage is estimated at $2,000.
“We are frustrated and saddened that theft and vandalism continue to affect The Arc’s Lights,” the organization said on Facebook.
Kevin Fish, The Arc’s Executive Director, said it took months to put the custom display together and took vandals a matter of minutes to turn it dark.
Security camera video captures two suspects hurrying across the parking lot and going behind the display around 3:30 a.m. Monday. About two minutes later, they are seen leaving.
The Arc said the lights are continuing to shine.
Last year, vandals targeted the display twice. Someone cut the power and stole a junction box. Another time, a thief pulled the cords.
“We don’t know if these people are the same people maybe looking for something different this year to have them come out and do this amount of damage is very frustrating,” said Fish.
- Group in Wichita says they will hold a peaceful rally for George Floyd
- Law Tigers Kansas Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month
- Test Drive With Orr Nissan Wichita: Armada
- Fashion Forward Friday With Moxie Boutique: Summer Date Night Looks
- Motorcycle crash closes southbound I-135 ramp to eastbound Kellogg