GRANT COUNTY, Kan. (KSNW) – The Kansas Bureau of Investigation and the Ulysses Police Department made an arrest related to the February 2019 death of a 3-year-old Ulysses boy.
On Monday, Feb. 24, at approximately 8:30 p.m., 26-year-old Uraquio “Rocky” A. Arredondo, was arrested at his home of 955 S. Cheyenne in Ulysses. Arredondo was arrested on suspicion of first-degree murder and abuse of a child. He was booked into the Grant County Jail.
The arrest follows a yearlong investigation by the KBI and the Ulysses Police Department into the death of 3-year-old Carlos Valenzuela III. On Feb. 26, 2019, police and EMS were dispatched to the child’s home after they received a 911 call reporting an unresponsive child. Valenzuela was first transported to Bob Wilson Memorial Hospital and was then transferred to a Denver, Colo. hospital for treatment. He died Feb. 27, 2019, in Denver. Arredondo was in a relationship with child’s mother.
The Grant County Attorney will prosecute the case. Any further inquiries should be directed to the county attorney’s office.
- Big 12 conference openers include 1st games for Baylor, TCU
- Wichita man sentenced to 10 years for two armed robberies
- 1 man killed in crash on U.S. 36 east of Norton
- Person with gunshot found at QuikTrip on S. Seneca
- Watch: Trump says he won’t commit to peaceful transfer of power if he loses