WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita police arrested a 42-year-old suspect in a deadly shooting that took place last weekend at Magoos Bar and Grill in the 2300 block of South Oliver.
Police said 29-year-old Damario Cooks was killed in the shooting. Cooks was inside the bar when a fight broke out between several other men. The fight moved to the parking lot when multiple shots were fired.
On Saturday evening, police arrested David Pressley on suspicion of second-degree murder. He was also booked for possession of a firearm by a felon, possession of narcotics, unlawful possession of hallucinogenics and a Kansas Department of Corrections warrant.
Police said a tip to Crime Stoppers led investigators to the arrest.
The case will be presented to the Sedgwick County District Attorney’s Office.
- Taylor’s Forecast: Another round of storms with cooler temps
- Millennial Money: How to move safely during a pandemic
- How are school protecting contract workers during the pandemic?
- City of Wichita unveils design concepts for Clapp Memorial Park
- Royals-Twins opener postponed by rain; doubleheader Saturday