WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Charles Hefton, an administrator and the former Chief of Police with the City of Benton, was arrested Monday according to the Butler County Sheriff’s Office.
Hefton was arrested on a sexual battery warrant. He’s been released from the Butler County jail on bond.
CORRECTION: This story has been corrected to indicate Hefton’s employment status. He is the former Benton Chief of Police.
- A free drive-thru breakfast to say ‘thank you for your service’
- White House hosts event to share positive police stories as Congress works on reform
- Traffic, crash numbers in Kansas increasing compared to beginning of coronavirus crisis
- Some Walmart stores adding “health ambassadors” due to pandemic
- Couple in Boston caught on camera defacing Black Lives Matter mural