WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita police have identified the victim in a deadly SUV fire last month.
The victim was confirmed as 17-year-old Elisabeth Renteria. She was found in the 1700 block of S. Elpyco.
On Jan. 29, around 3:50 a.m., police responded to a call of possible shots fired at Battin and Osie. After circulating the area, a 2002 Ford Expedition was found engulfed in flames near an apartment in the 1700 block of S. Elpyco. The Wichita Fire Department extinguished the fire. After the fire was extinguished, Renteria’s body was found inside.
Police said after several days of investigating, 30-year-old Laura Branning was arrested and booked into the Sedgwick County Jail on suspicion of arson and criminal desecration; unauthorized control of a body.
- Wichita State University and Black Student Union celebrate Black-owned business
- Dennis scores career-high 21, Wichita St. beats Tulane 82-57
- Plane crash injures one person in Valley Center
- Orangutan granted ‘personhood’ turns 34, makes new friend
- PHOTOS: Daytona 500 kicks off NASCAR racing season