WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita police have identified the victim in a deadly SUV fire last month.
The victim was confirmed as 17-year-old Elisabeth Renteria. She was found in the 1700 block of S. Elpyco.
On Jan. 29, around 3:50 a.m., police responded to a call of possible shots fired at Battin and Osie. After circulating the area, a 2002 Ford Expedition was found engulfed in flames near an apartment in the 1700 block of S. Elpyco. The Wichita Fire Department extinguished the fire. After the fire was extinguished, Renteria’s body was found inside.
Police said after several days of investigating, 30-year-old Laura Branning was arrested and booked into the Sedgwick County Jail on suspicion of arson and criminal desecration; unauthorized control of a body.
- Wichita brewer uses production facility to bottle hand sanitizer for first responders
- More than cookie cutters, local business turns to making face shields
- Teachman’s Take: Temps surge ahead of a powerful cold front
- Lee Richardson Zoo temporarily closing during pandemic
- Performing Arts Department goes virtual for auditions