TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNW) – A 30-year-old California man was sentenced today to 52 months in federal prison for smuggling 18 pounds of cocaine to Kansas, U.S. Attorney Stephen McAllister said.
Jesus Gonzalez-Molina pleaded guilty to one count of possession with intent to distribute cocaine.
In his plea, he admitted he was driving eastbound on I-70 through Shawnee County when he was stopped by the Kansas Highway Patrol.
Troopers searched the 2007 Toyota 4Runner he was driving and found a hidden compartment containing the drugs.
- Actor Lori Loughlin reports to prison in college scam
- Caught on camera: Raccoon runs amok
- Daylight saving: Here’s when you need to set your clocks back
- Netflix raising U.S. streaming prices amid booming growth
- Kansas License plate racial slur concerns lead to recall