KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) – Two men charged in shooting at a Kansas bar that killed four people and injured five others are now charged with capital murder.
Wyandotte County District Attorney Mark Dupree announced amended charges Wednesday. Dupree says he now has the option to seek the death penalty against Hugo Villanueva-Morales and Javier Alatorre, although he has not made that decision.
The two men are accused of going to a crowded Kansas City, Kansas, bar in early October and opening fire. Police have said the shooting apparently stemmed from an earlier dispute inside Tequila KC bar.
Alatorre was arrested shortly after the shooting but Villanueva-Morales wasn’t arrested until Dec. 12 in Mexico.
- Taylor’s Forecast: A few showers today, windy tomorrow
- Big second half lifts Colorado over K-State, 76-58
- Small shops are counting on Small Business Saturday to bring relief to finances
- High School Football: St. James Academy vs. Arkansas City, November 27, 2020
- Husband battles brain surgery and COVID-19, the couple reunited days before 50th wedding anniversary