WYANDOTTE COUNTY, Kan. (KSNW) – The Wyandotte DA’s office has filed charges in the death of Captain Chris Arnold.
According to the DA’s office, they are charging the deputy’s son, Zachary Arnold, 22, with second-degree murder for allegedly murdering his father.
He’s being held in the Johnson County Detention Center for his personal safety.
According to the sheriff’s office, Captain Arnold was found dead Saturday following a domestic dispute.
First responders were dispatched to N. 76 Street and Longwood Ave. around 7:51 p.m. when officers arrived at the scene they found Captain Arnold with a gunshot wound.
The 25-year veteran and advocate for mental health resources would have been 57 today.
- Illegal drugs through the mail: ‘It’s a daily occurrence’
- Teachman’s Take: Snowfall continues for parts of Kansas into the overnight
- Lawmakers demand more accountability from PG&E for role in starting wildfires
- Should the Tampa Bay Buccaneers move up to draft Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa?
- WSU Tech creates scholarships to help workers laid off by Spirit, other aerospace companies