KANSAS CITY, Kan. (KSNW) – A 45-year-old driver who was stopped on a Kansas highway with 23 pounds of methamphetamine in his car was sentenced today to 164 months in federal prison, U.S. Attorney Stephen McAllister said.
Eduardo Garcia-Patino, San Jancinto, Calif., pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy and one count of possession with intent to distribute methamphetamine.
According to court documents, Garcia-Patino was stopped for a traffic violation while driving eastbound on I-70 in Geary County. Investigators found a red duffel bag in his truck containing the methamphetamine.
- Car crashes into bank near 31st and Seneca
- Teachman’s Take: Cooler and more Fall-like heading into Monday
- Watch Live: Packers vs Saints
- 1 person dead in fatal injury accident in Phillips County
- New find at lost city in Kansas