ELLSWORTH, Kan. (KSNW) – A 59-year-old Ellsworth man has been convicted of four child sex-crime related charges according to Kansas Attorney General Derek Schmidt.
Karl Van Nice was found guilty by an Ellsworth County jury of two counts of rape, one count of aggravated indecent liberties with a child and one count of aggravated sexual battery. The crimes were committed between September 2015 and January 2016.
The charges stemmed from an investigation by the Ellsworth Police Department and the Kansas Bureau of Investigation.
Sentencing has not yet been scheduled.
- Coronavirus cases in Kansas jump to 1,166 with 50 deaths
- Preacher to Pope Francis: Virus reminds us we’re all mortal
- IRS launches new tool to help non-filers register for Economic Impact Payments
- Crews respond to fire at International Paper in Garden City
- Statewide Silver Alert canceled for missing Newton woman