WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – New details released Wednesday on former Sedgwick County Sheriff Deputy Derick Chandler, who went missing while he was under investigation last year.
Chandler has been charged with five counts pertaining to ‘sexual misconduct with an underage female,’ by the Sumner County Attorney’s office.
Last August, Sedgwick County Sheriff Jeff Easter said he heard Chandler flew to Turkey and plans to join the French Foreign Legion.
“We reached out to Homeland Security who assisted us finding out that he had actually got onto a plane in Dallas, Texas, flew to Houston, Texas — and then from Houston, Texas to Istanbul, Turkey,” Sheriff Jeff Easter said on Aug. 16, 2019.
At the time, Chandler was the focus of a felony investigation in Sumner County involving underaged girls.
- Early in-person voting opens to long lines in Sedgwick County
- Deer hunters may have hard time finding a butcher this fall
- List of businesses that will stay closed on Thanksgiving
- ‘The Voice’ returns for season 19 on KSN
- Chiefs minus 3 starters heading into game against Buffalo Bills