LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) – Police in Lawrence are investigating after three fossils were stolen from a display case at the University of Kansas Natural History Museum.
The Lawrence Journal-World reports that the fossils were reported missing Monday but were believed to have been stolen Friday or Saturday.
The university police crime log says someone pried hooks from a display case to open it and take the fossils. It’s not clear what kind of fossils were taken or how much they’re worth.
- Police: Murder of 3-year-old in Alabama disguised as hot car death
- FDA temporarily relaxes food-labeling guidelines to help food industry, parents worry about kids with allergies
- If you haven’t received your $500-per-child stimulus check, the IRS has good news
- Over $470k donated after North Carolina boy fatally shot at point-blank range while playing
- Business owner hoping to reduce speed limit to expand seating closer to the street, join Open Air ICT