BARTON COUNTY, Kan. (KSNW) – The Barton County Sheriff’s Office responded to a home on 1535 NE 100 Road after gunshots were fired Sunday.
During the investigation, deputies discovered that someone had fired a round into the air during the party. Moments later, a suspect left the home.
Deputies said the same suspect returned in his car and fired several rounds from a shotgun into the crowd. At least four people were injured by birdshot.
The sheriff’s office said the suspect fled. He hasn’t been arrested, but authorities believe they have his identity.
- Newsfeed Now: Interview with President Trump; Good Samaritan pulls driver from fiery crash
- Kansas among 14 states with most rapid COVID-19 spread
- US sets single-day record for new coronavirus cases with over 60,000
- ‘I’m a grown woman. I know better’: Woman caught on camera making racist remarks at Black Lives Matter protest apologizes
- ‘Grateful’: Good Samaritan pulls driver from fiery crash