GARDEN CITY, Kan. (KSNW) – A 50-year-old Garden City man has been convicted of two child sex crime-related charges.
Douglas Heit pleaded no contest in Finney County District Court to two counts of aggravated indecent liberties with a child.
A judge accepted the plea and scheduled sentencing for Dec. 19 at 1 p.m. The charges fall under Jessica’s Law because the victim was under 14 years of age.
The crimes were committed in August 2018. The charges stemmed from an investigation by the Kansas Bureau of Investigation with assistance from the Garden City Police Department.
- Kansas education funding up in the air amid ‘school choice’ expansion failure
- Allergy season is getting longer and more intense
- Kansas ranks 20th in percentage of population with first COVID vaccine
- Governor Kelly responds to Transgender Athlete bill passing in House and Senate
- Why some people should return their stimulus checks