FINNEY COUNTY, Kan. (KSNW) – The Finney County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a shooting that happened around 2:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 12000 block of Cactus Drive.
Officers arrived and found 27-year-old Manuel Acevedo with a gunshot wound to the leg. They arrested 37-year-old Manuel Jesus Macias, Jr. on suspicion of aggravated assault, attempted murder, aggravated kidnapping, criminal possession of a firearm and possession of narcotics.
A second suspect, later identified as a victim, was located in a corn field.
Officers said there were drugs found at the home.
- Sedgwick County officials mulling changes at intersection after crash kills mother and four kids
- Health officer evaluating health order weekly, business owners hope for fewer restrictions
- Carro choca contra el Bank of America en la calle 31 y Seneca
- Wichitans rally in Riverside Park in solidarity with Breonna Taylor
- Elderly pizza man gets $12,000 dollars from Tik Tok fans