ROGERS COUNTY, Kan. (KSNW) - A grandmother who allegedly abandoned an Oklahoma teen at a Kansas rest stop has been charged with one count of child neglect.
Janie Gill was charged in a Rogers County, Oklahoma court on Tuesday. Gill is being held on a $50,000 bond and is booked into the Rogers County Jail.
Kansas authorities have also charged Gill with child endangerment and interfering with law enforcement.
Police believe the 69-year-old woman left her 17-year-old autistic grandson at a rest stop in Greenwood County in November.
The teen remains in protective custody. His name hasn't been released.
No word when Gill will be extradited to Kansas.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Former Cardinal living in Kansas Defrocked
- Man arrested in bestiality case after allegedly...
- Video: Wichita team helps boy score first points...
- Wichita salons say mystery shopper making...
- Man believes serial killer's sketch shows his mom