HUTCHINSON, Kan. (KSNW) — Hutchinson Police Department announced Thursday that they arrested a 30-year-old man after conducting a ‘solicitation of a child for sex’ undercover operation.
According to Hutchinson police, around 3:15 p.m. on Thursday, members of the Hutchinson Police Department Special Operations and Investigations Bureau completed an investigation into a Juvenile Sex Offense, leading to the arrest of Randy J. Wheeler, 30, of Hutchinson.
Wheeler was arrested for (1) Indecent Solicitation of a child, (2) Sexual Exploitation of a child, (3) Electronic Solicitation, (4) Possession of Methamphetamine, (5) Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, and (6) Felony Interference with Law Enforcement.
Hutchinson police said Wheeler believed he was going to meet a minor for a sexual encounter, but instead met officers with the department.
- Storm Track 3 Forecast: Breezy wrap up to the weekend
- Watch AFC Divisional Playoff: Baltimore Ravens at Buffalo Bills
- Police arrest man trying to enter D.C. security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration
- Crews battle house fire in east Wichita