LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) — A man who provided massages for female athletes at the University of Kansas will have to face trial on charges of sexually abusing a young girl.
The Lawrence Journal-World reports that Douglas County District Court Judge Sally Pokorny determined on Tuesday that enough evidence existed to take the case against Shawn O’Brien of Lawrence to trial on three felony charges of aggravated indecent liberties with a child.
He also faces six misdemeanor charges of sexual battery that were filed after the university conducted an investigation during which athletes reported unwarranted touching during massages.
His attorney entered not guilty pleas.
- City, highway crews on standby to treat roads in Wichita
- Kansas drivers already experiencing icy road conditions ahead of expected winter weather
- Commissioners Cruse, Dennis react to lawmakers involved in attack ad lawsuit
- Chiefs rout Broncos 43-16 as Mahomes barely breaks a sweat
- Suspect in Leavenworth child abduction, double homicide in custody, yet to be charged