JUNCTION CITY, Kan. (AP) — Junction City police are investigating a woman’s death as a homicide.
Police say Carolina Almendarez Marquez was found dead inside a Junction City home Saturday night. No cause of death was given and an autopsy is scheduled.
Police arrested Michael Chavez in the case a few hours after Marquez’s body was found. He is a relative of Marquez.
Chavez was booked into the Geary County Detention Center awaiting his first court appearance. No other details were released.
- Original James Bond actor Sean Connery dies at 90
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- “We will pick them up from their homes”: League of Women Voters push to get residents out the door to vote
- Taylor’s Forecast: Feeling like Fall for Halloween, cooler tomorrow
- Non-profit organization working to open affordable daycare in downtown Wichita