MCPHERSON, Kan. (KSNW) − A McPherson woman has been charged with first-degree felony murder and related charges Wednesday, Attorney General Derek Schmidt said.
Schmidt filed criminal charges against Tina Nicole Brown, 33, Wednesday in connection with the death of Kelly G. Peterson on or about February 24 in McPherson. The charges are one count of first-degree felony murder, one count of felony mistreatment of an elder person and one count of misdemeanor battery of a law enforcement officer. Bond has been set at $500,000.
Brown is scheduled for a first appearance on March 2 at 2 p.m. in McPherson County District Court.
The attorney general’s office accepted the case for prosecution at the request of the McPherson County Attorney’s Office.
Criminal charges are merely accusations. Individuals are presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.
- Judge dismisses criminal counts in Missouri duck boat deaths
- Kansas snow days good for the soul, but the pandemic means fewer of them even after 2020
- Chiefs keep things fun with Mahomes’ playground plays
- In seismic shift, Warner Bros. to stream all 2021 films
- A pandemic, exhaustion and threats: Why dozens of Kansas public health officials are quitting