KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) – Police in Kansas City, Missouri, are investigating the fatal shooting of a 26-year-old man about two blocks away from a patrol station on the east side of the city.
The Kansas City Star reports that the shooting occurred Tuesday evening. The victim was found in a street and was taken to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead about two hours later. The victim’s name has not yet been released.
Witnesses told police they saw two young men running east from the scene after the shooting. No suspect description has been released.
According to data kept by The Star, the man’s death was the 100th homicide reported so far this year in Kansas City. The count includes fatal officer-involved shootings.
- T.J.’s Forecast: Cold front brings showers and thunderstorms
- Three injured in overnight shooting
- Wichita police investigating possible hate crime after family’s pride flag burned overnight
- Rogers falters, Twins allow 7 in 9th in 12-5 loss to Royals
- Taylor’s Forecast: A Severe Thunderstorm Watch is in effect until midnight.