OLATHE, Kan. (AP) — A 39-year-old Kansas woman who tried to poison her three children with medication after losing custody of them to her ex-husband has been sentenced to nearly 29 years in prison.
Therese Irine Roever was sentenced Tuesday on three attempted first-degree murder charges and criminal threat.
Prosecutors said Roever’s ex-husband called police in February 2018 to report Roever and their three children were drugged and groggy at her home.
WDAF-TV reports Roever lost custody of her children when the couple divorced but was later given unsupervised visitation. Two of the children were 7 and one was 5 at the time of the incident.
- Actor Lori Loughlin reports to prison in college scam
- Caught on camera: Raccoon runs amok
- Daylight saving: Here’s when you need to set your clocks back
- Netflix raising U.S. streaming prices amid booming growth
- Kansas License plate racial slur concerns lead to recall