WICHITA, Kan. (AP) – A Wichita woman has been charged with sex trafficking in federal court. Prosecutors say Kelly Lee Grounds posted dozens of ads online offering sex acts.
The ads were for herself and other people offering to perform sex acts.
Grounds was arrested in September and January on suspicion of similar charges.
She was initially charged in state court last fall, but those charges were dropped after she was indicted in federal court in late January.
Local prosecutors had said that Grounds posted ads on behalf of a 17-year-old who was offering to have sex in exchange for compensation.
- Taylor’s Forecast: Cooler temperatures and showers and storms today
- T.J.’s Forecast: Hot start to the final weekend of September
- Trump picks conservative Amy Coney Barrett for Supreme Court
- Kansas State stuns No. 3 Oklahoma 38-35
- Kansas advocates propose agency to track foster care system