GRANT COUNTY, Kan. (KSNW) – The Kansas Highway Patrol needs your help finding a man suspected of being responsible for a deadly hit-and-run crash.
It happened Saturday shortly before 12:30 p.m. on Grant County Road 10 and County Road X, about three miles north of U.S. 160.
A semi driven by the unknown suspect was traveling west on Grant County Road 10 when the driver failed to yield the right of way to an oncoming Chevy Silverado in a southbound lane of Grant County Road X.
The Silverado driven by 57-year-old Kevin Coyle and his 81-year-old father Gerald Coyle, both from Turpin, Okla., was unable to stop in time, colliding head-on with the side of the semi. Both men died as a result of their injuries.
Authorities said the driver of the semi, stole another vehicle and fled the scene of the crash.
If you know the person, please contact Technical Trooper Michael Racy at (620) 276-3201 or email him at Michael.Racy@KS.GOV.
- On Ronelle’s Radar: Chilly start then pleasant Tuesday
- Racing community takes the wheel after a racer’s gear was stolen
- Carole Baskin booted from ‘Dancing with the Stars’
- House holds hearing on Paycheck Protection Program loan forgiveness
- Bodycam video shows the scene after the Breonna Taylor shooting