LENEXA, Kan. (AP) – Authorities have arrested a 25-year-old man who allegedly rammed into a parked police car in Lenexa before fleeing in his vehicle.
Lenexa police say the Kansas City, Kansas man hit a police officer’s parked car and injured the officer Saturday afternoon, and the officer fired at the suspect as he fled.
The Kansas Highway Patrol says that while police were chasing him, the suspect’s vehicle ran through a red light and struck a Ford Explorer that slid into a minivan.
The suspect was arrested after the crash and taken to a hospital for treatment of a gunshot wound. His injuries are not considered life-threatening.
The Lenexa officer who fired his weapon was not seriously hurt in the initial crash. No other injuries were reported.
- Drive-thru voter registration event aims to get first-time voters to the polls
- Barton County Health Department confirms positive COVID-19 cases at Applebee’s in Great Bend
- Evento para incentivar a residentes a votar se llevó a cabo en Wichita
- Burnes, Braun help Brewers to 5-0 win over the Royals
- One person is dead after crashing through guard rail south of El Dorado