WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A 46-year-old woman from Los Angeles pleaded guilty in federal court Monday to transporting 60 pounds of methamphetamine to Kansas.
Maria Alvarez-Buenrostro pleaded guilty to one count of possession with intent to distribute methamphetamine.
In her plea, she admitted that the Kansas Highway Patrol stopped her car Feb. 12, 2019, in Ellis County. A trooper found the methamphetamine in heat-sealed bags hidden in a real quarter panel and in both rear doors.
Sentencing is set for April 16. She could face a sentence of not less than 10 years and a fine up to $10 million.
- KSN Storm Track 3 Digital Extra: Perseid Meteor Shower Peaking
- Practice will look different for Fall sports
- Border Protection finds $60 million worth of marijuana in a shipment of limes
- Overcrowding at the jail: A growing problem during the pandemic
- Conversaciones sobre la reintegración de los estudiantes continua para el distrito escolar USD 259