HUTCHINSON, Kan. (KSNW) – Hutchinson police arrested a man after receiving a threat of an armed person at the Hutchinson News.
The office is located on Second Avenue near Jefferson Street. Numerous law enforcement agencies responded.
The Hutchpost said a temporary employee at the paper, Dominic Zales, called in the report and said he was fearful for his safety.
Police arrived and arrested Zales on suspicion of criminal threat.
Officials blocked Second Avenue while working on the scene.
- T.J.’s Forecast: Mild air holds Saturday night into Sunday, clouds thicken
- South Texas tribe vows to fight border wall, sues to preserve tribal cemetery
- Rare red and white cardinals spotted in central Texas
- Florida mom, dad, 17-year-old son all battling cancer ask for prayers, Christmas miracle
- NM mayor calls for immigration reform