WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The man arrested in an attempted kidnapping last Wednesday made his first appearance in court Friday.
Tyler DeBarea was taken into custody after students outside Wineteer Elementary School reported he tried to grab their shirts or arms. Debarea then crashed a truck at McConnell Air Force Base.
A judge charged DeBarea with a felony count of aggravated criminal threat along with four counts of battery.
DeBarea is due back in court Thursday. His bond is set at $50,000.
- Competitive Drive: Joe Jackson leads the Blue Aces, on and off the court
- Over 100 families attend candlelight vigil to remember victims of DUI
- The Salvation Army gifts bikes, toys and food vouchers to 4,000 families
- Sedgwick County jail welcome over 30 new graduate recruits
- Wichita police cracking down on porch pirates