WOODSON COUNTY, Kan. (KSNW) – Special agents of the Kansas Bureau of Investigation made an arrest Tuesday related to the officer-involved shooting in Neosho Falls on July 2.
At approximately noon Tuesday, July 7, 41-year-old Edward G. Bridges, of Chanute, was released from the University of Kansas Medical Center and taken into custody. He was arrested for two counts of aggravated assault of a law enforcement officer, criminal carrying of a firearm, criminal possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, aggravated weapons violation of a convicted felon, possession of the stolen property, possession of a controlled substance, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Bridges was then booked into the Allen County Jail. The investigation is ongoing.
- Wichita hospital in need of plasma donations from recovered COVID-19 patients
- Royals drop 6-1 decision to Cubs
- Schools working to feed students learning remotely, some parents concerned
- Veteran Salute: Army Major flies in Vietnam and beyond
- Happy 90th birthday Neil Armstrong