KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) – A man has been booked into jail on suspicion of premeditated first-degree murder after his sister’s body was found in suburban Kansas City.
Twenty-seven-year-old Parker Mays of Lawrence is being held without bond in Johnson County, Kansas.
Police say Layne Mays’ body was found Tuesday by her mother in her parents’ Overland Park home.
Police have not yet said how she died. A Kansas State University spokeswoman said Layne Mays was enrolled there through the fall 2019 semester but was not enrolled for the upcoming spring semester.
She studied animal science and rode with the school’s equestrian team.
- Taylor’s Forecast: High heat and strong winds, storms out west
- “We teach them to get along with everyone, even if they may look different from them”: How to talk to your kids about racism
- Hundreds gather together for candlelight vigil at WSU
- Kingman County crash claims life of Cheney man
- White Coats For Black Lives: Local healthcare workers kneel to end racial inequality