KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) – A man has been booked into jail on suspicion of premeditated first-degree murder after his sister’s body was found in suburban Kansas City.
Twenty-seven-year-old Parker Mays of Lawrence is being held without bond in Johnson County, Kansas.
Police say Layne Mays’ body was found Tuesday by her mother in her parents’ Overland Park home.
Police have not yet said how she died. A Kansas State University spokeswoman said Layne Mays was enrolled there through the fall 2019 semester but was not enrolled for the upcoming spring semester.
She studied animal science and rode with the school’s equestrian team.
- Homework Hotline: An academic resource for Wichita Public School students
- Veteran Salute: WAVES teach WWII fighters how to fly blind
- Wild video shows Kyle Shanahan correctly predict penalty before it happens
- Wednesday’s Kansas college basketball scores
- Fourth Quarter Surge Lifts USF over The Lady Shockers