WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Brietan Rader, 25, was charged with first-degree murder Friday in the death of the 9-month-old girl, Maela Flores.
Flores suffered critical injuries the night of Jan. 10 at an apartment in the 3600 block of West 13th Street.
Police investigated and arrested Rader, 25, of Wichita. He is not the girl’s father.
Two other children, ages 6 and 2, were not injured. They were placed in protective custody.
Rader is also charged with abuse of a child under the age of 6, cultivating a controlled substance, and possessing drug paraphernalia with the intent to manufacture, plant, cultivate a controlled substance.
His bond is set at $500,000 and his next court date is Jan. 30.
- KSN Storm Track 3 Digital Extra: Perseid Meteor Shower Peaking
- Practice will look different for Fall sports
- Border Protection finds $60 million worth of marijuana in a shipment of limes
- Overcrowding at the jail: A growing problem during the pandemic
- Conversaciones sobre la reintegración de los estudiantes continua para el distrito escolar USD 259