WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The man accused in the death of Rita Golden made his first appearance Monday in Sedgwick County court.
John Pepper is charged with capital murder in her death.
An autopsy report says Golden’s body was found in her home back in July, partially clothed but nude from the waist down. Her daughter left the home in the 2700 block of E. 10th and came back to fin her mother not responding.
The judge set his bond at $1 million. He is due back in court on Jan. 16.
- “He took full advantage of his chance”: Former Wichita State players react to Isaac Brown’s promotion
- New health order drops curfew in Sedgwick County, bar owners react
- Lady Gaga’s French bulldogs found safe; dog walker expected to recover
- Hawley, Sanders push plans to rescue $15 minimum wage
- “She needs to address this”: Kansans demand Gov. Kelly speak at next unemployment protest