WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – According to Nancy Shoemaker’s family, Donald Wacker, who was convicted of kidnapping the 9-year-old Wichita girl in 1990, has been granted parole.
Donald Wacker was convicted in 1992 for the kidnapping of Shoemaker in 1990.
On Thursday, Kansas Department of Corrections spokesperson Rebecca Witte said they can’t confirm any specifics on the parole until April 3.
Nancy Shoemaker’s family confirmed the parole review board approved Wacker’s release Wednesday.
- Winterizing your home? Experts say now is the time to start preparing for winter season
- KSN Storm Track 3 Digital Extra: Potential for blowing dust and hazardous driving conditions
- ‘Mask Up’ new campaign focuses on COVID-19 prevention
- Groundbreaking to be held today for new Northwest Water Treatment Facility
- Plot thickens over origins of pope’s civil union endorsement