WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita police responded to a shooting in the 3100 block of South Davidson around 5:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Upon arrival, police found a 19-year-old man with a gunshot wound near a home. The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police said their investigation revealed an unknown suspect shot the victim during a verbal disturbance. Investigators are still working on learning the circumstances of everything that occurred.
“At this point, we do not think this was a random incident, we don’t believe there is any danger to the public,” officer Charley Davidson said. “We are asking the community if they have any info on this case, any additional information, if they saw anything, heard anything — to please call us.”
Anyone with more information on this case is asked to call Crimestoppers at (316) 267-211, detective section at (316) 268-4407, or the See Something Say Something hotline (316) 519-2282.
- Taylor’s Forecast: A few showers today, windy tomorrow
- Big second half lifts Colorado over K-State, 76-58
- Small shops are counting on Small Business Saturday to bring relief to finances
- High School Football: St. James Academy vs. Arkansas City, November 27, 2020
- Husband battles brain surgery and COVID-19, the couple reunited days before 50th wedding anniversary