WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita police said a 36-year-old man was shot in the stomach Wednesday night near 21st St. and Amidon. The call came in around 9 p.m.
The man was transported to the hospital with what officers call non-life-threatening injuries.
“The victim was found at the south end of the bridge here on Amidon across the field from the Arkansas River. He was on the south end, and he was located by citizens passing by driving through the area,” said Sgt. John Bogle, Wichita Police Department.
Right now, police do not have any suspects and are trying to establish a motive.
If anyone has information on the incident, they may call WPD Investigations at (316) 268-4407. They may also call the See Something, Say Something Hotline at (316) 519-2282 or they may call Crime Stoppers anonymously at (316) 267-2111.
- Wichita hospital in need of plasma donations from recovered COVID-19 patients
- Schools working to feed students learning remotely, some parents concerned
- Veteran Salute: Army Major flies in Vietnam and beyond
- From dynamite to beef stick: Greensburg rescue crew respond to emergency call
- Sedgwick County turns to the state for help with contact tracing