WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Wichita Police Department has identified the victim in a criminal homicide investigation as 19-year-old Andreas Carlyle of Wichita.
It happened at approximately 12:50 a.m. Saturday in the 600 block of North Pinecrest. Wichita police say they initially responded to reports of shots fired. When police arrived, they found Carlyle had died.
“Upon arrival, we located one male victim who was unfortunately deceased. We’re currently in an ongoing investigation,” said Sgt. Tony Supancic.
Police said the shooting was not random. Investigators are working to learn all of the
circumstances of what occurred.
If anyone has any additional information, they can call WPD detectives at (316)
268-4407, the See Something Say Something hotline at (316) 519-2282, or Crime Stoppers
at (316) 267-2111.
- Wichita hospital in need of plasma donations from recovered COVID-19 patients
- Schools working to feed students learning remotely, some parents concerned
- Veteran Salute: Army Major flies in Vietnam and beyond
- From dynamite to beef stick: Greensburg rescue crew respond to emergency call
- Sedgwick County turns to the state for help with contact tracing