WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – KSN News is learning more about a deadly stabbing on August 2.
According to a probable cause affidavit, the stabbing was a result over a fight over barbecue.
At approximately 3 a.m., officers responded to the stabbing in the 2300 block of South Pinecrest. Police said they located Ryan Speight with a stab wound to the chest. He was pronounced dead. Staley was also contacted at the scene.
Police said the investigation revealed a party occurred at the home, party attendees had left, and an argument occurred over leftover barbecue between Staley and his nephew Speight, who both live at the home. During the argument, Staley stabbed Speight, causing his fatal injuries. Staley was arrested on the scene without incident.
He was charged with involuntary manslaughter.
- Campus varsity football team to miss two games, fans remain hopeful for remainder of season
- KBI: Death investigation in Iola surrounding 34-year-old man
- Michael Jordan, Hamlin partner on NASCAR team for Wallace
- KDOL seeing rise in unemployment claim fraud stemming from identity theft
- Sublette school district goes remote after numerous students and employees were quarantined for COVID-19