PINE BLUFF, Ark. (AP) — Authorities say a man charged with shooting and killing two people in Arkansas was captured in Kansas on Friday and was sent back to stand trial.
Bryant Lamont Smith was arrested Friday in Parsons, Kansas, in an operation that included officials from the U.S. Marshals Service and the Kansas Highway Patrol.
The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reports that the 33-year-old was taken back to Pine Bluff on Tuesday and was being held in jail without bail in Jefferson County.
Prosecutor Kyle Hunter says Smith was charged Sept. 24 in Jefferson County Circuit Court with two counts of capital murder in the fatal shootings of Kavon Mitchell and Emonya Moten.
- Coronavirus in Kansas: State reports 147 more deaths since Wednesday
- Super Bowl odds: Chiefs and Packers lead the way
- U.S. 50 from Lakin to Syracuse closed due to crashes caused by limited visibility
- Third stimulus check: Here’s when you might get a $1,400 direct payment
- Wichita State University MDL connects with Kansas capitol for COVID-19 testing