HUTCHINSON, Kan. (AP) – South Hutchinson police arrested two 18-year-old men over the weekend who allegedly had about 80 homemade explosive devices in a truck.
South Hutchinson Police Chief Dean Harcrow says officers on Saturday found the men driving a truck carrying a plastic tote full of explosive devices and materials for unmade devices.
A two-block radius near where the truck was stopped was evacuated for several hours. Harcrow says the men were making the explosives at a Reno County home and selling them to other people.
The men, Tyler Bryce Bontrager and Andrew Hoffman, bonded out of jail during the weekend. The Reno County District Attorney’s office is awaiting the police report before filing charges.
- 3 people die, 2 hurt in overnight Kansas City shootings
- KHP needs help from public to identify hit-and-run suspect
- Second stimulus check: Where we stand as July begins
- Kansas newspaper’s post equates mask mandate with Holocaust
- Taylor’s Forecast: Slim shower chances today, scorching heat returns later this week