LARNED, Kan. (KSNW) – A 52-year-old minimum-custody inmate who walked away from Larned Correctional Mental Health Facility Sunday was apprehended around 7:25 p.m.
Authorities say Ronald Smith, 52, was reported missing around 8:05 a.m. when he couldn’t be located at his work assignment at the Larned State Hospital.
After hours of searching, authorities with the Kansas Department of Corrections, Kansas Highway Patrol, Pawnee County Sheriff, Stafford County Sheriff, and Larned State Hospital Security apprehended Smith.
Smith is serving a sentence for a 2018 Reno County conviction for possession of opiates, opium, narcotic drugs, flee or elude LEO with five or more moving violations, theft, and burglary.
- Taylor’s Forecast: A few showers today, windy tomorrow
- Big second half lifts Colorado over K-State, 76-58
- Small shops are counting on Small Business Saturday to bring relief to finances
- High School Football: St. James Academy vs. Arkansas City, November 27, 2020
- Husband battles brain surgery and COVID-19, the couple reunited days before 50th wedding anniversary