WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – New information was released Thursday in the beating death of a Wichita man last summer.
Haley Collins was found not breathing in a parking lot near 21st and Rock intersection on Aug. 21, 2019.
Steven Speakman is charged with second-degree murder in Collins’ death.
In the probable cause affidavit released to KSN News Thursday, witnesses say they heard Collins and Speakman arguing.
They told officers they saw Collins push Speakman and then Speakman punched Collins causing him to fall and hit his head.
In phone calls from the jail, Speakman admits to hitting Collins before blacking out.
Speakman is being held on a $250,000 bond.
- Wichita Public Schools will look at onsite learning option for 6th-12th graders
- ‘He is ready to go back’: Officer shot in Lyons making recovery alongside wife in hospital
- Actor Jeff Bridges reveals he has been diagnosed with lymphoma
- Texas woman dies of COVID-19 while on commercial flight
- Indiana man admits to pushing toddler down stairs after argument over food, court docs show