WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) — The City of Wichita says the replica Keeper of the Plains statue that was stolen from Planeview Park has been found.
According to Together Wichita, a Planeview resident reported the statue was near the creek by Colvin Elementary.
The statue is now in storage.
Together Wichita says, “We will keep you all posted on our plans!”
The W, A Community of Young Professionals, formerly Young Professionals of Wichita, posted to social media they were “devastated” when it was discovered the statue was missing from its base in the 2800 block of S. Fees.
The Keeper of the Plains replica, painted by local artist Tereza Zardoz and Arts Partners Wichita, was a collaborative effort with the artist working with students from Jardine STEM and Career Explorations Academy.
- On Ronelle’s Radar: Slim moisture chance south and cool temps holiday weekend
- Community members say they’re thankful for the frontline workers this thanksgiving
- Shooting in Wichita leaves one in serious condition, police still investigating
- Teachman’s Take: Cool comfort for Black Friday, weekend storm tracks south
- Giving back to those in need – Wichita churches and organizations hand out thousands of meals