KANSAS CITY, Kan. (KSNW/WDAF) — An off-duty Wyandotte County deputy has been killed in a domestic dispute.
First responders were called to N. 76 Street. and Longwood Ave. at 7:51 p.m. Saturday.
First responders found him with a gunshot wound. He was off duty at the time. A person of interest was taken in for questioning, but officers at the scene could not tell FOX4, KSN’s sister station, who that person was or if they also lived at that home.
Last summer, two Wyandotte County deputies were killed in the line of duty while transferring an inmate. Hundreds gathered Thursday morning at Children’s Mercy Park to honor them.
- Woman kills retired trooper, self at Chicago-area cigar bar
- 18-year-old found shot to death in Kansas City, Kansas
- Emmitt Smith goes 1-on-1 with Walter Payton’s son to discuss first Super Bowl, all-time rushing record
- 49ers’ Super Bowl run has similarities to 1981 title team
- Super Bowl back in Miami for 11th time after 10-year hiatus