WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Wichita Police Department arrested a 40-year-old Wichita man Wednesday following a crash that stemmed from a pursuit.
Around 7:30 p.m., officers were on patrol in the area of 25th Street and Grove when they spotted a Ford Focus with an illegal tag. Police attempted to stop the car, but it sped off.
Police said at one point the driver who took off reached speeds about 70 mph in a 30 mph zone. Officers called off the chase for public safety reasons. The driver continued to 1st and Indiana where he crashed into a gray Mitsubishi Mirage. The person inside the Mitsubishi wasn’t injured.
Police arrested 40-year-old Marshall Lane of Wichita. Lane was booked on suspicion of felony evade and elude, DUI, and a warrant.
Police said the case will be presented to the Sedgwick County District Attorney’s Office.
- Who’s first in line for the first COVID-19 vaccine?
- Chrissy Teigen’s heartbreaking announcement brings awareness to taboo topic of losing a baby
- 837,000 Americans filed for unemployment last week
- Fire damages Topeka apartment complex
- Wichita State’s crash evokes moving memories 50 years later