WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A 34-year-old man from Colorado is dead following a shooting outside of a Wichita motel late Monday.
Just before midnight, police responded to the Country Inn, south of Broadway and Kellogg, and found the victim shot inside a Ford F-250.
Wichita police said a suspect could be seen in surveillance video approaching the car and firing a single shot into the car.
With the help of the video, police arrested the suspect, a 40-year-old Tyrone Adams of Wichita. He was seen fleeing to a neighboring motel to the north. Adams was transported to the hospital for a medical condition.
Adams was booked on suspicion of first-degree murder and felon in possession of a firearm. In a news release, police said Adams was previously arrested and convicted on charges that include aggravated burglary, aggravated robbery, attempted robbery, weapons violations, aggravated battery and possession of drugs.
Police recovered the gun in the shooting, and they said it was not a random incident.
Last month, another homicide happened at the motel.
Police said it is the 33rd criminal homicide this year. So far, there have been 40 homicides in total.
- Wanted: Kyle Delshawn Young
- ‘He said he always wanted me to guard him’: Wichitans who shared hardwood with Kobe Bryant reflect on his life
- REMEMBERING A LEGEND: Wichitans reflect on memories after sudden death of Kobe Bryant
- University of Kansas researchers test male contraceptive gel
- US-54 closed due to gas line leak near Pratt County