WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – An arrest has been made following a deadly shooting early Tuesday in west Wichita. Wichita police responded to Newell and Edwards just after 3 a.m.
Police found 42-year-old Jeremy Hutchens with a gunshot wound inside of a car. He was pronounced dead at the scene. A woman was inside the car at the time of the shooting. She was shot at but not injured.
According to arrest records, 22-year-old Christian L. Wohlford was booked on suspicion of second-degree murder, aggravated assault, and criminal possession of a firearm after a traffic stop.
Police said their investigation revealed Hutchens met Wohlford for a property transaction when a fight broke out. Wohlford allegedly shot at Hutchens.
Police said Wohlford has past felony convictions, and he is currently on parole through the Kansas Department of Corrections.
Police said the shooting was not random.
If you have any additional information, you are asked to call the WPD homicide section at (316) 268-4407, the See Something Say Something Hotline at (316) 519-2282, or Crime Stoppers at (316) 267-2111.
- T.J.’s Forecast: Winter storm on the horizon, big changes tomorrow into early next week
- KBI: Arkansas man dead following an officer-involved shooting in Montgomery County
- See the 71 movies titles coming to Netflix in November
- Record surge: US shatters single-day mark of COVID-19 cases
- Taylor’s Forecast: Cooler and more wintry weather is on the way