WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita police said they arrested a woman after a fatal shooting that happened early Tuesday morning near 31st Street South and Hillside.
Police arrived and found a 41-year-old man with a single gunshot wound around 2:30. He died at the scene.
Tuesday afternoon, police announced they arrested 45-year-old Stacey Peters of Haysville on suspicion of second-degree murder.
Officers tell KSN News that Peters was arrested without incident and that investigators learned Peters and the man were in a relationship. While at the location, Peters allegedly fired a handgun at him. The gun was recovered during the investigation.
The case will be presented to the Sedgwick County District Attorney’s Office.
- T.J.’s Forecast: Mild air holds Saturday night into Sunday, clouds thicken
- South Texas tribe vows to fight border wall, sues to preserve tribal cemetery
- Rare red and white cardinals spotted in central Texas
- Florida mom, dad, 17-year-old son all battling cancer ask for prayers, Christmas miracle
- NM mayor calls for immigration reform