WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita police said they arrested a woman after a fatal shooting that happened early Tuesday morning near 31st Street South and Hillside.
Police arrived and found a 41-year-old man with a single gunshot wound around 2:30. He died at the scene.
Tuesday afternoon, police announced they arrested 45-year-old Stacey Peters of Haysville on suspicion of second-degree murder.
Officers tell KSN News that Peters was arrested without incident and that investigators learned Peters and the man were in a relationship. While at the location, Peters allegedly fired a handgun at him. The gun was recovered during the investigation.
The case will be presented to the Sedgwick County District Attorney’s Office.
- Storm Track 3 Forecast: Seasonable today, wintry feel on the way
- Invasive ‘jumping worms’ spreading through several US states
- Working remotely? It’s time to rethink what is ‘home’ and what is ‘travel’
- “A pillar and stalwart.” Charlotte resident and oldest living American dies at 116
- Can you travel with kids if you’re fully vaccinated?